Dr Rossiter is an experienced Consultant in Sport, Exercise and Musculoskeletal Medicine. He has vast experience of working with both elite and amateur sportspeople and supporting individuals with any joint or soft tissue. His extensive career includes travelling and working with professional sports teams to support injured, promote optimal recovery and improve function and performance. He has also promoted industry best practice and innovation as a Senior Lecturer at the University of Bath, Vice President of the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine and Chair of the Sports Medicine Section at the Royal College of Physicians, among other roles.
His current and previous roles include the below:
- Medical Lead London Irish 2003-2012
- Chief Medical Officer GB Hockey 2004-2017 (attending 3 Commonwealth, 3 Olympic and multiple European Games)
- Chief Medical Officer Team GB – European Games 2019
- Chief Medical Officer Team England 2018 and 2022 Commonwealth Games
- Deputy Chief Medical Officer Team GB Tokyo Olympics
- Lead Rugby Premiership
- Clinical MSK Lead Hampshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Club Doctor Southampton FC 2006-2008
- Doctor for The Oval at World T20 Cricket World Cup 2010
- Match Day Doctor at Twickenham for RFU, including concussion assessments (including Rugby World Cup Final 2015)
- Vice President of The Faculty of Sport & Exercise Medicine
- Senior Lecturer in SEM University of Bath 2005-2012, Part Time Teaching Fellow from 2012
- Tutor for RFU Pitch Side Trauma Care course.
- All aspects of sport, exercise and musculoskeletal medicine
- Paediatric & Adolescent sport and exercise-related problems
- Exercise-related lower leg pains, including dynamic compartment pressure testing
- Tendon injuries
- Sport-related concussion.
Hampshire Hospitals Trust