Coronavirus alert for all patients and service users.
Last updated: 23 March 2020
This guidance is intended for:
- people with symptoms that may be caused by coronavirus, and do not require hospital treatment, who must remain at home until they are well
- those living in households with someone who shows symptoms that may be caused by coronavirus
The main messages are:
- If you live alone and you have symptoms of coronavirus illness (COVID-19), however mild, stay at home for 7 days from when your symptoms started.
- If you live with others and you or one of them have symptoms of coronavirus, then all household members must stay at home and not leave the house for 14 days. The 14-day period starts from the day when the first person in the house became ill.
- It is likely that people living within a household will infect each other or be infected already. Staying at home for 14 days will greatly reduce the overall amount of infection the household could pass on to others in the community.
- For anyone in the household who starts displaying symptoms, they need to stay at home for 7 days from when the symptoms appeared, regardless of what day they are on in the original 14-day isolation period.
If you have coronavirus symptoms:
- Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital
- You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you’re staying at home
- If you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home, or your condition gets worse, or your symptoms do not get better after 7 days, then use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service. If you do not have internet access, call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999.
If you have a face to face appointment scheduled with us from Monday 23 March 2020, and the new government guidance for shielding & protecting extremely vulnerable persons, published 21 March applies to you, please call or email to inform us that you are unable to attend & depending on the reason for your appointment we may be able to provide some advice to you on the phone.
Government Guidance published 21 March 2020:
Please contact us by email should you have any further questions.
Thank you for your ongoing co-operation.
Healthshare Executive Directors